What Can be Sold on Mohenjoz
Mohenjoz is a unique marketplace. Buyers come to Mohenjoz to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Mohenjoz must be handmade, vintage or a craft supply.
· Vintage items “20 year old”
· Cultural products
What Can't be Sold on Mohenjoz
Even if they otherwise meet our handmade, vintage or craft supply criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Mohenjoz.
The following types of items are prohibited or restricted on Mohenjoz:
1. Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Medical Drugs
2. Animal Products and Human Remains
3. Dangerous Items: Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items and Weapons
4. Hate Items: Items that Promote, Support or Glorify Hatred
5. Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity and Highly Regulated Items
6. Internationally Regulated Items
7. Pornography and Mature Content
8. Violent Items: Items that Promote, Support or Glorify Violence
In general services are not allowed to be listed or sold on Mohenjoz
Any service that does not yield a new, tangible, physical item is not allowed. Examples of services that aren't allowed include:
· Restoring or repairing an item
· Photographic retouching or color correction
· Any metaphysical service that promises or suggests it will cause a physical change (such as weight loss) or other outcome (such as love or revenge), even if it delivers a tangible item
In some cases, a new, tangible, physical item that is a result of certain services may be sold on Mohenjoz. Examples include:
Custom graphic design and digital pattern distribution (a digital file such as a .pdf, .jpg, or .doc is considered the tangible, physical item on Mohenjoz)
· An instructional crafting workshop, as long as it provides the buyer with a tangible, physical item (for example: an instructional booklet, crafting supplies, a finished project that the student created in the workshop)
Reselling is not allowed on Mohenjoz. Reselling refers to selling an item in the Handmade category when you were not involved in the creation process. In short, you may not resell items that you were not involved in designing or making.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Mohenjoz's review.
Mohenjoz may remove any listings that violate our policies. Mohenjoz may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Mohenjoz bill. You can find more information in our Fees & Payments Policy.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent. Please see this Help article for more information about donating any portion of your sales to charity.
Representing Yourself, Your Shop and Your Listings Honestly
One of Mohenjoz’s core values is transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items and your business.
By selling on Mohenjoz, you agree that you will:
1. Provide honest, accurate information in your About page, should you choose to complete it.
2. Honor your Shop Policies, should you choose to publish them.
3. Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
4. Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Mohenjoz.
5. Not engage in fee avoidance.
6. Not create duplicate shops. Please see Multiple Shops on Mohenjoz for more details.
Communicating with Other Mohenjoz Members
You can use Mohenjoz Conversations to communicate directly with your buyers or other Mohenjoz members. Conversations are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order. Conversations may not be used for the following activities:
1. Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
2. Harassing or abusing another member;
3. Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
4. Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Mohenjoz. Examples of interference include:
1. Contacting another member via Mohenjoz Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop or item;
2. Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
3. Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
4. Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as "click fraud."
Any use of Mohenjoz Conversations to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability or sexual orientation. If you receive a Conversation that violates this policy, please let us know right away at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Mohenjoz, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like usernames, listings, Conversation, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
1. Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing;
2. Obscene or vulgar;
3. In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
4. False, deceptive, or misleading.
Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Mohenjoz. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within 60 days after their item’s expected delivery date. The estimated delivery date is the purchase date + processing time + shipping time. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 60 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavourable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
1. Contain private information;
2. Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
3. Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
4. Contain advertising or spam;
5. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Mohenjoz or a third party; or
6. Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Extortion is not allowed on Mohenjoz. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on Mohenjoz. Extortion includes when a seller offers a buyer additional goods, services, or compensation in exchange for a positive review. For more information, please see this Help article.
Shilling is strictly prohibited on Mohenjoz. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs or experience of the buyer. For more information on shilling, including examples, please see this Help article.
Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on Mohenjoz, you agree to:
1. Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. These requirements are detailed in our Shipping Policy.
2. Respond to Conversations in a timely manner.
3. Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
4. Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Trust and Safety team can help through our case system. Read about your rights and responsibilities regarding cases here.
5. If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order. Read about how to cancel an order in this Help article.
Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns and Exchanges
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding shipping, cancellations, returns and exchanges. Please familiarise yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
European Union Right of Withdrawal
Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. The right of withdrawal does not apply to custom items or certain perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital items vary by EU member state.
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Mohenjoz Conversations and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
You may cancel a transaction under the following circumstances:
1. The buyer did not pay. (The seller may flag a buyer for a payment not received, chargeback or cancelled payment.)
2. Both you and the buyer agree to cancel the transaction prior to shipment, and you have issued the buyer a full refund.
3. You have decided to refuse service to the buyer, and if the buyer has already paid, you have issued a full refund, including shipping.
4. The buyer did not receive the item(s) ordered, even though you provided proof of shipping, and you have issued a refund for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Checkout, in which case you'll need to refund in full.)
5. Both you and the buyer agreed that the buyer could return the item for a refund, you have received the returned item and issued a refund to the buyer for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Checkout, in which case you will need to refund in full.)
Mohenjoz’s Case System
We ask buyers to contact a seller directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Mohenjoz. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Conversations from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open cases within seven days.
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but does not receive the item. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases: